Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default One item in alt+Tab dialog per Excel Instance

whenever I have 75 different workbooks open, it really makes it tough
to alt+tab to the app that I want. I would prefer to only alt+tab
between excel instances. is this possible? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is probably not what you are looking for, but you could close out the
other programs... If you don't mind me asking, and this may be naive on my
part, but why would you ever (need to) open 75 different workbooks at once?

Jim
--
I appreciate any feedback.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look in Tools, Options, View
Uncheck "Windows in Taskbar"

Regards,
Peter T

"Robert Avery" wrote in message
whenever I have 75 different workbooks open, it really makes it tough
to alt+tab to the app that I want. I would prefer to only alt+tab
between excel instances. is this possible? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Aug 1, 5:26*pm, "Peter T" <peter_t@discussions wrote:
Look in Tools, Options, View
Uncheck "Windows in Taskbar"

Regards,
Peter T

"Robert Avery" wrote in message

whenever I have 75 different workbooks open, it really makes it tough
to alt+tab to the app that I want. *I would prefer to only alt+tab
between excel instances. *is this possible? *Thanks

This is precisely what I was looking for. Thank you, Peter T.
Also, 75 is low by my office standards of max workbooks open. I have
seen 200+ workbooks open here. Why? Some decision-makers open all
these workbooks sent to them by email, and they leave all of those
workbooks open. In any event, my problem is similar whether there are
20 workbooks open or 200, but 200 can illustrate the scale of the
problem better.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just found this, might help!

CTRL + F6 Switches to the next workbook window when more than one
workbook window is open
CTRL + Shift + F6 Switches to the previous workbook window when more
than one workbook window is open

It only scrolls through Excel workbooks. I think this is want you were
looking for, correct?

Hope this helps, Jim
--
I appreciate any feedback.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ctrl (Shift) Tab is a bit easier on the hand. Alt-W might be more useful if
there are many workbooks open.

However disabling "Windows in Taskbar" is a different matter

Regards,
Peter T

"J Sedoff comRemove" <RemoveSageoficar,at,RemoveHotmail<dot wrote in
message ...