Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Update validation list based on end date

I have 2 workbooks, one = "MasterList" the other = "DC Spreadsheet". The
MasterList has all the employees of a company. In the DC workbook I have a
hidden sheet "list" that links to the MasterList workbook. The list worksheet
is just a simple select statement (=MasterList!A1). The list has roughly 350
names being selected from the MasterList workbook. I did this so that on a
different spreadsheet in DC workbook I could have datavalidation and it would
show all the employees names from the MasterList workbook.

My issue is that we have employees that change payrates. I can't go into
MasterList and simply update the amount because the DC spreadsheet has links
for past months that would be updated to the new rate (need to keep
historical data). So, what we do is enter the employee again on the
MasterList with the new rate.

I would like to add an 'end date' or something similar to the original
employee record and not have the record show up on the datavalidation list.
The way I have it set up now, both records would show up.

I'm looking for some assistance, I've looked through the posts but didn't
find anything that could help. I'm ok with VBA code but I'm new to it so I
might need some hand-holding.

Any assistance is appreciated!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think something like this might help you.

Take a look. If it doesn't, come back and let us know.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"ChrisP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Barb,

I check out the site (actually checked it out a few times before), it's a
very helpful site but doesn't address my issue. Do you have anymore ideas?

Thanks,
Chris