Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Assign Cell "B5" Value to Macro (activation function)

Hi, Everyone,

I want to prepare one function that allows user to run specific macro
when they enter the different numbers in to "B5"

SUPPOSE:

if user Enter 777 into B5, then Run Macro "Rows_Hide"
if user Enter 888 into B5, then Run Macro "Rows_Show"

like this...........

I already feed 777 into B5, then the Macro "Rows_Hide" will run, when
the worksheet activated. then the user feed 888 into B5, then the
other Macro will run and shows all the Rows in the sheet.

Sub Rows_Hide()
Sheets("sheet2").Rows("25:65536").EntireRow.Hidden = True
End Sub

Sub Rows_Show()
Sheets("sheet2").Rows("25:65536").EntireRow.Hidden = False
End Sub

And I also want to restrict the B5 for 777 and 888 digit only.

the Sheet2 is very hidden sheet. I made a userform to change the B5
into Sheet2 by Textbox, how I restrict the Textbox1 for only for 777
and 888.

I hope that you understand my problem.

JUSTIFICATION FOR THIS FUNCTION:

Actually I made a small vba project, for all public, and I will share
this to all peoples, initially they will have this worksheet only for
25 rows data entry, once they are satisfied with this program, then
they will send me a mail for activation for unlimited access, then I
will send 888 digit for activation of this workbook.

Thank you and best regard.

Shahzad
Madinah
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could do it with the worksheet change event code. Right click your
worksheet tab, view code and paste this in

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Or IsEmpty(Target) Then Exit Sub
If Target.Address = "$B$5" Then
Select Case Target.Value
Case Is = 777
Rows_Hide
Case Is = 888
Rows_Show
Case Else

End Select

Mike

"Shazi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Shazi" wrote:
[...]

Madinah- Hide quoted text -

Hi Mike H,

Good Morning,

I got your Function, its working Excellllllent. Exactly I needed
that....

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards.

Shahzad