Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default vacation formula

I am trying to set up a vacation tracking formula. My data comes in from
various sources. I download a file that contains all the time taken. In a
separate excel file, I have a worksheet that contains the prior month's data
I downloaded with the manual upkeep of accrued vacation time available to
date. The problem is marrying the two documents. The document I download,
Doc A, may contain information of employees that may not yet have made the
master list and in some cases the master list may contain names of employees
not on the Doc A downloaded document.

The other formulation problem I experience is that I want to automate the
accruals for vacation. I have a separate table set up for each of the types
of accruals we have. We have 4 models that we use for our employee's. The
accrual method used is dependent on an Accrual Code assigned to the master
list, manually. This then is supposed to read from another worksheet in the
same workbook, the amount of accrual required for a particular employee.

Example:
Doc A contains (Downloadable into Excel)

Employee Name Service Date Time Taken by Pay Cycle

Master Doc contains (Excel spreadsheet)

Employee Name Service Date Accrual Code

Accrual Table (Excel Spreadsheet)

Accrual Code
# of Years Amount Earned

I need to complete this task this week. Can anyone assist????
Thanks