Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reorder the columns in Excel

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know a way to reorder the columns in the Excel spreadsheet
using a macro. The macro that I have written uses cut, and paste at
the appropriate location. But I need to do this many many times before
I get all the columns in order. I am sure there is a better or shorter
way for this. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
Thanks.

-AG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
since you didn't tell us what you have nor what it's suppose to be, we can
only make some wild gueess.
have to tried the sort-left-to-right option
2003-datasort options buttoncheck sort left to right.
a macro would probable use the same cut and paste routine you are using now
except it would be quicker but we need to know what to cut and where to paste.

regards
FSt1
"AG" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know a way to reorder the columns in the Excel spreadsheet
using a macro. The macro that I have written uses cut, and paste at
the appropriate location. But I need to do this many many times before
I get all the columns in order. I am sure there is a better or shorter
way for this. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
Thanks.

-AG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply.