Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default changing a macro so it's not cell specific

I recorded a macro to be able to insert a picture from our network
drive and it works well. However I would like to be able to change the
picture identification (idxxxxxx) and picture (jpg) for different
accounts while still using the same spreadsheet form. Does anyone know
how to help? Below is the marco I would like to change.

Sub SubjectPhoto()
'
' SubjectPhoto Macro
' Macro recorded 10/31/2007 by
'

'
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Range("AE7").Select
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert( _
"\\server1\documents\Value Adjustment Board
\id064410.jpg").Select
Selection.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoTrue
Selection.ShapeRange.Height = 275.25
Selection.ShapeRange.Width = 364.5
Selection.ShapeRange.Rotation = 0#
Selection.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoTrue
Selection.ShapeRange.Height = 215.25
Selection.ShapeRange.Width = 285#
Selection.ShapeRange.Rotation = 0#
Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementLeft -72#
Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementTop -51.75
Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementLeft -3#
Range("C8").Select
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True,
Scenarios:=True
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you put the picture ID in cell A1 you could try the following:

ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert( _
"\\server1\documents\Value Adjustment Board
\id" & Range("A1").Value & ".jpg").Select

Is that what you're after?
--
-SA

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try using something like this:

dim myPictureName as Variant

myPictureName = Application.GetOpenFilename _
(filefilter:="Picture
Files,*.jpg;*.bmp;*.tif;*.gif")

this will allow the picture to be chosen using the browser instead of
hard coding the name.......

this thread in the programming group shows how they did it:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...a58bd036d5cd9c
hope it helps!
:)
susan

On Jul 28, 1:20*pm, wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

" wrote:
[...]

End Sub- Hide quoted text -

This is exactly what I was trying to do. Thank you very much.