Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA - Modify data in selection

I need to concatenate a string in a column of a sheet based on user selection.

Column L contains a string to which I need to add either "(SC)" or "(DR#)"
where # is a number between 1 and 7. Ideally, the users can select the rows
they wish to modify (be it 1 row or 1000), right-click the mouse and choose
the appropriate modifier.

In my code, Selekt is a public variable to hold the choice from the
right-click. Note that there are two attempts to make this work with
different coding. The first is from another forum and I think it is closer to
doing what I need. The second is what I tried at the beginning.

Here's the code I have so far:

Private Sub InsertDR()

Dim t As Long
Dim rainj as range
Dim ro as range
Dim rev As String

If Selekt = "0" Then
For i = 1 To Selection.Rows.Count
rev = CStr(Sheet1.Cells(ro, 12).Value)
rev = rev & "(SC)"
Sheet1.Cells(ro, 12).Value = rev
Next
ElseIf CInt(Selekt) < 8 Then
rainj = ActiveSheet.Selection
For Each ro In rainj
rev = CStr(Sheet1.Cells(ro, 12).Value)
rev = rev & "(DR" & Selekt & ")"
Sheet1.Cells(ro, 12).Value = rev
Next

Any help here would be hot. Thanks!
--
Adios,
Clay Harryman
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

G'day Clay

I'm no MVP, just a thought, in your code example

Private Sub InsertDR()

Dim t As Long
Dim rainj as range
Dim ro as range
Dim rev As String

I can see the reference to "rainj", "ro" & "rev", but no reference to "t"

Is "t" meant to represent the reference to "Selekt"...??????

If so, then

Private Sub InsertDR()

Dim Selekt As Long
Dim rainj as range
Dim ro as range
Dim rev As String

If Selekt = "0" Then
For i = 1 To Selection.Rows.Count
rev = CStr(Sheet1.Cells(ro, 12).Value)
rev = rev & "(SC)"
Sheet1.Cells(ro, 12).Value = rev
Next
ElseIf CInt(Selekt) < 8 Then
rainj = ActiveSheet.Selection
For Each ro In rainj
rev = CStr(Sheet1.Cells(ro, 12).Value)
rev = rev & "(DR" & Selekt & ")"
Sheet1.Cells(ro, 12).Value = rev
Next

HTH
Mark.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

heh heh - "t" was a leftover counter that I forgot to remove. "Selekt" is a
public variable that stores the value from right-click.

Thanks for making note of that.
--
Adios,
Clay Harryman

[...]