Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Help

I'm new to VBA and I wanted to know what would be the easiest way to learn
how to write the code. Helpful links??? Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

one of the first steps could be recording macros while you perform
useful tasks in the spreadsheet, then examining your code & stepping
through it to see how it works.
i don't have any links for you, sorry.
:)
susan

On Jul 23, 9:49*am, mcp201 wrote:
I'm new to VBA and I wanted to know what would be the easiest way to learn
how to write the code. Helpful links??? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Amazon.Com had a book by John Walkenbach on sale for 16.95 plus shipping for
beginning programmers in Excel VBA for Dummies. You might also find it at
Barnes & Noble or some similar bookstore. You can surf the web with VBA
Programming and pick up some links that might be helpful. The one that used
to be a free tutorial was taken over by Microsoft and now they charge you to
use it. Also Chip Pearson, Ron deBruin and Debra Dalgleish have sites that
provide sample code for various common tasks. You can pull up their sites by
searching on their names.