Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Showing Processing Form while running macros

Dear All,
I am working currently in a program where I am using VBA Function to do some
automation activities like Creating a file and copy/pasting documents from
this to new file etc. It will happen when the user click the particular forms
button in the excel sheet.
When they are clicking the button, I want to show them a Processing bar (or)
form so that people will understand that the macros are running.
Is it possible to do so in VBA?
Please guide me.

Regards,
Premanand.S

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Premanand,

Check out this link on displaying progress bars.

HTH,
--
Tausif Mohammed

"Premanand Sethuraman" wrote:

Dear All,
I am working currently in a program where I am using VBA Function to do some
automation activities like Creating a file and copy/pasting documents from
this to new file etc. It will happen when the user click the particular forms
button in the excel sheet.
When they are clicking the button, I want to show them a Processing bar (or)
form so that people will understand that the macros are running.
Is it possible to do so in VBA?
Please guide me.

Regards,
Premanand.S

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
not to discourage you but progress bars usually measure loops, counting the
loops and compareing the progress against a total then displaying the
progress as a percent complete. they are generally useful when the process
takes a while to complete. an line processes are difficult to measure but can
be accomplished by lacing counters throught the code to update the meter.
again measuring something that takes a while. the prgress meter method
requires a form and extra coding to up date the meter and that can slow the
overall progress down (usually not a great deal of time).
an alternative would be to use the status bar to display a message stated
the progress. it's built in and require minimal amout of code. no form.
application.statusbar = "please wait....."
a disadvantage to the status bar is that people seldom notice the status bar
unless attentend is called to it while a popup meter form usually catches
attention readily.
see these sites for progress bars..
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211736
status bar....