Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default using & function

I want to transpose two cells into one whereby I have a text vaue "text" and
a percentage - eg 50%. In the adjacent cell i want to produce text&" "&50%,
to come out as text 50%. However but it comes out as text 0.5

Is there a way to make excel display exactly what i want rather than it
converting the percentage number into a decimal?

Thanks,

Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The cell that displays the value can be formatted as percent, or if you want
to do it in code then something like:
myRange = text & " " & Format(adjacentcell.value), "#0%")

In any event, it is all in the formatting. Excel tends to try an make
things numerical unless told otherwise.

"Roger on Excel" wrote:

I want to transpose two cells into one whereby I have a text vaue "text" and
a percentage - eg 50%. In the adjacent cell i want to produce text&" "&50%,
to come out as text 50%. However but it comes out as text 0.5

Is there a way to make excel display exactly what i want rather than it
converting the percentage number into a decimal?

Thanks,

Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=a1&" "&text(b1,"0.00%")
or
="YourTextHere " & text(b1,"0.00%")

Roger on Excel wrote:

I want to transpose two cells into one whereby I have a text vaue "text" and
a percentage - eg 50%. In the adjacent cell i want to produce text&" "&50%,
to come out as text 50%. However but it comes out as text 0.5

Is there a way to make excel display exactly what i want rather than it
converting the percentage number into a decimal?

Thanks,

Roger

--

Dave Peterson