Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GPO GPO is offline

Default fileformat property compatibility

Hi,
I need to distribute an Excel app (with VBA) to users with versions of Excel
ranging from Excel 2000 to Excel 2007. The app has to be able to save
workbooks in a common format (so something saved in Excel 2000 can be read in
2007 and vice versa. The files must also be able to handle unicode.
I tried this:
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs strFolder & strDataWorkbook, FileFormat:=xlExcel7
but it seems to be corrupting the unicode.
How can I tell which version of Excel the XlFileFormat constants relate to?

Is it possible to (and do I need to) write code that says

If I'm running excel version X then
use FileFormat1
elseif I'm running excel version Y then
use FileFormat2
..
..
..
end if

Obliquely related to this, does anyone know how to import .xlsx files using
SSIS 2005?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi GPO

See this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/saveas.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"GPO" wrote in message ...
Hi,
I need to distribute an Excel app (with VBA) to users with versions of Excel
ranging from Excel 2000 to Excel 2007. The app has to be able to save
workbooks in a common format (so something saved in Excel 2000 can be read in
2007 and vice versa. The files must also be able to handle unicode.
I tried this:
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs strFolder & strDataWorkbook, FileFormat:=xlExcel7
but it seems to be corrupting the unicode.
How can I tell which version of Excel the XlFileFormat constants relate to?

Is it possible to (and do I need to) write code that says

If I'm running excel version X then
use FileFormat1
elseif I'm running excel version Y then
use FileFormat2