Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default code to check OptionButton selected within multiple frames

Hi Guys,

I am a total newbie to this and the group has been really helpful in
learning so far!

I am setting up a UserForm that has multiple frames containing
different OptionButtons.

When the OK button is clicked I want it to be coded to check that each
frame has an OptionButton Selected. Is it possible to write this code
referring to the frame (i.e. group of OptionButtons) or do I have to
write the code including each individual OptionButton like below:

If Me.OptionButton1.Value = False And Me.OptionButton2.Value = False
And _
Me.OptionButton3.Value = False And Me.OptionButton4.Value = False
Then
MsgBox " you must select a squad ", vbExclamation, "Input
Error"
Exit Sub
End If

I have 20 option buttons in one frame so just wondering if there is a
shorter way to write the code?

Thanks in advance
Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

this is coding that someone helped me develop to do the same thing -
loop through all the frames & check that there's one option button
selected in each frame. in this case there were 12 frames:
===================================
Sub cmdEnter_click()

Dim oControl as Control

'make sure an option button is checked in each frame
i = 0

For Each oControl In Me.Controls
If TypeOf oControl Is msforms.OptionButton Then
If oControl Then
i = i + 1
Next
If i = 12 Then 'no. of frames
'do nothing
Else
MsgBox "Every frame must have a selected option button!" _
& vbCrLf & _
vbCrLf & _
"Please go back and answer all the questions." _
, vbOKOnly + vbExclamation
Exit Sub
hope it gets you started.
:)