Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
VMI VMI is offline

Default Finding datasource in Excel worksheet

A previous developer created a rather complex worksheet with a pivot table,
and this worksheet connects to a database to retrieve the data.
Unfortunately, the data is wrong, and I would like to see where Excel reads
the data from.

I would like to know what datasource this Excel sheet uses to update the
pivotTable.
Once I find the datasource, how can I change the server/database?
We use Excel 2003 SP3.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1) Put your cursor on a cell in the pivot table.
2) Right click
3) Select 'Pivot Table Wizard'
4) Select '<Back'

This should show you the source of the data.

--
Hope this helps.
If this post was helpfull, please remember to click on the ''''YES''''