Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Passwords

I want to be able to use a password to protect the sheets. How do I write a
procedure that unprotects these sheets using a password?

Also, I checked the box below to get notified by email when I get a reply,
but I haven't been getting emails notifying me when a question is answered.
What do I need to do?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sheets("Sheet1").UnProtect Password:="tada"

Sheets("Sheet1").Protect Password:="tada"

As for the e-mail thing... Not a clue...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"ranswrt" wrote:

I want to be able to use a password to protect the sheets. How do I write a
procedure that unprotects these sheets using a password?

Also, I checked the box below to get notified by email when I get a reply,
but I haven't been getting emails notifying me when a question is answered.
What do I need to do?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Make sure your emails aren't gong to junk mail? If not that... beats me.

Along with Jim's code it should be noted that someone can open the VBA
Editor and look at your password. To prevent this in the VBE (editor) go to
Tools-VBA Project Properties. Select the Protection tab and select Lock
Project for Viewing. Enter a password and click OK.
--
-SA

"ranswrt" wrote:

I want to be able to use a password to protect the sheets. How do I write a
procedure that unprotects these sheets using a password?

Also, I checked the box below to get notified by email when I get a reply,
but I haven't been getting emails notifying me when a question is answered.
What do I need to do?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks

"ranswrt" wrote:

I want to be able to use a password to protect the sheets. How do I write a
procedure that unprotects these sheets using a password?

Also, I checked the box below to get notified by email when I get a reply,
but I haven't been getting emails notifying me when a question is answered.
What do I need to do?

Thanks

Passwords Lillian[_2_] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 July 30th 07 01:32 PM
Add-ins passwords bad_boyu Excel Programming 1 June 11th 06 06:58 AM
passwords steve Excel Programming 2 April 14th 06 03:20 PM
Passwords ammader Excel Programming 0 December 22nd 03 02:41 PM
Passwords pajodublin Excel Programming 2 November 18th 03 01:39 PM