Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to clear cell based on text in other column

I am attempting to clear a cell in column V based on the text of the
same row in column G.
With actual numbers, I can do SUMIF(G9:G123,"5",V9:V123) - but I want
to actually clear the respective cell in V if "payments" is in column
G, and leave it alone if blank or other text exists. How can I do
that?

DLR
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pls post in ONE group ONLY.