Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jdg jdg is offline

Default Cant connect to Access database from excel using vba

Hello

I created an excel addin which I am distributing to members of my
organisation. I have managed to install it successfully onto a number of
computers however I am having problems with one computer.

The line that brings an error is as follows

dbConnectStr = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & dbPath &
";"

Where dbConnectStr is a string variable used to set up the active connection
to an access database for example

rs.Open strConnectionString, dbConnectStr, adOpenStatic, adLockPessimistic

and dbPath is the file location of that database.

The computer which is giving problems has both excel 2007 and excel 2003
installed on it which I believe may be the cause of the problem, as all the
other computers only have one or the other installed and the application
works. However this is more of a guess and even if I were right I dont know
how to fix the problem.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.