Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Anti-Virus Program Deleted VBA codes from Personal.xls

My anti-virus program deleted all VBA codes from Personal.xls.

Anyway that I can recover the Codes somehow?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think your code has been deleted.

Perhaps Personal.xls has been disabled.

HelpAbout MS ExcelDisabled Items.

Is Personal.xls on the list?

Can you Enable it?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 20:54:01 -0700 (PDT), LiCal wrote:

My anti-virus program deleted all VBA codes from Personal.xls.

Anyway that I can recover the Codes somehow?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, Just the VBA codes been deleted and all modules disappeared.

Seems that only Personal.Xls is affected; VBA in other Excel Wookbook
seems intact.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Personal.xls opens but when you go into VBE and expand, there are no modules at
all?

If the AV application did do this then I would suggest you better have a backup
copy of Personal.xls you can replace the altered Personal.xls with.

I never heard of an AV app'n doing this.

Are you sure the correct Personal.xls is opening?

Gord