Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy Sync with Shell

I can launch a cmd with a command from vba but would I'd like to do is get
the results from the shell session back to Excel. I haven't seen anything on
this.

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I bet you haven't seen anything because it would depend on what program you're
launching.

Maybe you could have that program write to a text file and then have your VBA
code open that text file and read what it wants.

If you know that the other program works quickly, you could
shell
wait 5 seconds (or whatever you think is appropriate)
open the text file
read the data.

If you don't know how long it'll take to do the program in the shell, then there
are other ways to wait.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=214248
XL2000: How to Force Macro Code to Wait for Outside Procedure
or

Here's a link to a nice ShellAndWait function:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp03

All this could be moot if you don't have some control over how the other program
can share the results.

--

Dave Peterson

Sync Button spiz via OfficeKB.com Excel Programming 0 July 2nd 08 02:00 PM
Sync Oldjay Excel Programming 2 August 27th 07 09:28 PM
Sync - Bob Phillips Todd Huttenstine Excel Programming 2 April 15th 04 02:44 PM
Sync Code Todd Huttenstine Excel Programming 2 April 14th 04 08:53 PM
ProgressBar Out of Sync RDallas Excel Programming 2 January 13th 04 04:25 PM