Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default matching

I have 2 separate workbooks that I want to place into a 3rd workbook.
The first and second workbooks looks very similar to this:
1st workbook

FDP 4.5 TAX 2
FDP 49.95 FDC
FRG 10 FRG
LOC 5 LTC
MOV 269.82 MPV
ROM 930.6 TAX 2
ROM 10385.65 RME
ROM 240 UPG
TEL 17.99 LDC

2nd workbook

FDP 54.45 GLD
FRG 10 GLD
LOC 5 GLD
MOV 269.82 GLD
ROM 11556.25 GLD
TEL 17.99 GLD

As you can see I have the possibility of double entries in the first
column. The 3rd worksheet has columns for each day of the month with
tabs for all the items in the first column. What I need it to be able
to place these 2 workbooks into the third workbook in the correct
column in the correct tab and matching the codes in the 3rd column.
The codes used in the 3rd column on the first 2 workbooks match the
first column in the 3rd workbook. I was hoping to use some kind of
match/vlookup place all the items in the correct column. In the
workbook that has the macro in it, it will contain the correct date
using =Now().
Thanks in advance for the help.

-Chris