Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How could I make the contents of a Cell "Flash" like a warning.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

there is a wise-tricky procedure (posted by KL in spanish ng sometime ago)...
(and with minor changes based on Thomas Jansen -1999- post)...
that lets you to preserve the undo-levels, and you might want to give it a try...

if any doudbts (or further information)... would you please comment ?
hth,
hector.

assuming a cell es (B1) and you need it to flash if its value is greater than 5

1) select B1... (menu) format / conditional format...
(formula): =(b15)*(mod(second(now()),2)=0)
(format): apply formats as needed/wished/...

2) copy/paste the following code-lines:
===
a) in a general code module:
===
Option Private Module
Public Sequence As Date
Sub StartBlinking()
Sequence = Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 1)
Worksheets(1).Range("b1").Calculate ' modify/adapt/... worksheets index/name as appropriate
Application.OnTime Sequence, "StartBlinking"
End Sub
Sub StopBlinking()
On Error Resume Next
Application.OnTime Sequence, "StartBlinking", Schedule:=False
End Sub
===
b) in ThisWorkbook code module:
===
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
StartBlinking
StopBlinking

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put this in Cell B20:
Hello World!! This is animated text!!!

Run this code in a conventional module:
Sub ANIM()
st = " " & Range("B20") & " "
i = 0
While True
Range("B21").Value = Mid(st, i Mod Len(st) + 1, 10)
For j = 1 To 300000
k = k + 1
Next j
i = i + 1
Wend

Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Héctor Miguel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Hector,

is it possible to use the below code to my user form 'Label', and it should
blink only for 1 minute and 5 seconds

"Héctor Miguel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check out this page:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.aspx for a slightly cleaner
version with a few comments.

Note that this page came up number 1 in google with "Excel blinking text".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi, Douglas !

Check out this page:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.aspx for a slightly cleaner version with a few comments.
Note that this page came up number 1 in google with "Excel blinking text".

I agree, it's one of my favorites :))

the only (dis)advantage between one or another, I gues is this part... -?-

that lets you to preserve the undo-levels (...)

hth,
hector.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi, Ranjit !

is it possible to use the below code to my user form 'Label'
and it should blink only for 1 minute and 5 seconds

you could try with smething like this code (when the userform is showed/activated/initialized/...)
note: while code is looping... code is looping (other code and actions step into stand-by mode)...

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Dim ShowTime As Single
ShowTime = Timer + 10
Do While ShowTime Timer