Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Range statemeny query

Within I procedure I have come across a range statment which I cannot work out how it does
what it does and I would really like to understnd it.

Range("J2:J" & r)

If for example the value of r is 10, this range will return the range J2:J9, which is what
it is supposed to do, I know, but is 9 cells and I cannot see how it arrives at this.
They say he who asks a question is only ignorant for as long as it takes to hear the
answer to the question but he who doesn't ask a question is ignorant forever. Well I admit
to being ignorant at the moment but I would be grateful if someone could alleviate this
condition.

Graham