Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How update range after web query?

I've got a spreadsheet that loads its data from a web page as a web
query/external data range. The amount of data on the web page varies, what
I want is to have a range (which I can then chart or whatever) that sets
itself to "all the data in column C" (for example).

How can I make the range "fit itself" to the available data? Is there some
fancy kind of range that does this? Or, is there a way to have a macro
automatically run after the web query (and then I can make the macro do the
right thing)?

Thanks!
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chris

You may be able to use the ResultRange property of the QueryTable. If you
only want column C and QT is cols A - F, for example, you can use

Set Rng = Sheet1.QueryTables(1).ResultRange.Columns(3)

and Rng will be the appropriate number of rows.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel