Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Update links automatically when opening file

This one's got me stumped. I'd like to be able to bypass the update
links dialog box when opening a file. I know I can do this by unclicking
"ask to update automatic links" in tools|options, but that will enable
that behavior for only me. I'd like the user to not need to click
"update links" every time they open the workbook, as they already need
to enable macros.

Thanks in advance,

tim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tim

Put this in the ThisWorkBook module but be aware this setiing is an
application wide setting and for that reason when the wbook is closed the
setting should be restored to the users own preference.

hth

Geoff

Option Explicit

Dim bWbAskLinksOn As Boolean

Application.AskToUpdateLinks = bWbAskLinksOn
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Application
bWbAskLinksOn = .AskToUpdateLinks