Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PK PK is offline

Default About Application.OnUndo again

Hi there,

I've found that calling Application.OnUndo method clears all the Undo
history, so this method appears unuseful. Maybe there is a way to keep the
history and use Application.OnUndo method only to place custom Undo method on
the top of the Undo stack?
More over if I call Application.OnUndo in OnUndo handler, it doesn't place
new handler on the stack.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Most macros that do anything destroy the undo/redo stack (along with the
clipboard).

If you want to control an undo, maybe you can take care of it yourself.

Check out John Walkenbach's site:

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PK PK is offline

The example only demonstrates using Application.OnUndo method, nothing more.
I would like to use custom undo handlers only for my methods, something like
this:

StartTrackingChanges();
RunOperation();
FinishTrackingChanges();
Application.OnUndo(undoComment, "UndoOperationChanges");

Otherwise I'll have to fully implement my own undo/redo functionality, and
don't use Application.OnUndo at all.