-   -   calling a worksheet function from another worksheet in same workbo (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/412955-calling-worksheet-function-another-worksheet-same-workbo.html)

Liz

calling a worksheet function from another worksheet in same workbo

I know that I should know how to do this, but I am obviously having a "blank"
moment. Can anyone help?

I want to call some code in the "Deactivate" event of one worksheet from
another worksheet.

--
It it''s meant to be, it won''t pass you by!

Tim Williams

calling a worksheet function from another worksheet in same workbo

Sheet1.Worksheet_Deactivate

worked for me.

You'll have to make it Public though (or expose it through another Public
procedure).

Tim

"Liz" wrote in message
I know that I should know how to do this, but I am obviously having a
"blank"
moment. Can anyone help?

I want to call some code in the "Deactivate" event of one worksheet from
another worksheet.

--
It it''s meant to be, it won''t pass you by!

Liz

calling a worksheet function from another worksheet in same wo

Tim, thanks for the reply. I did not put down my question correctly. What I
want to do is on the Deactivate event of one worksheet, call a Function
("UpdChartMonth") that is a public function on another worksheet. The purpose
of UpdChartMonth is to update a chart on this "other" worksheet as a result
of changes being made on the first worksheet. Tks!
--

"Liz" wrote in message
I know that I should know how to do this, but I am obviously having a
"blank"
moment. Can anyone help?

I want to call some code in the "Deactivate" event of one worksheet from
another worksheet.

--
It it''s meant to be, it won''t pass you by!

Cush

calling a worksheet function from another worksheet in same wo

Assuming that you have a function called UpdChartMonth,

In your Deactivate procedure have you tried entering the line:

UpdChartMonth()

"Liz" wrote in message
I know that I should know how to do this, but I am obviously having a
"blank"
moment. Can anyone help?

I want to call some code in the "Deactivate" event of one worksheet from
another worksheet.

--
It it''s meant to be, it won''t pass you by!

Tim Williams

calling a worksheet function from another worksheet in same wo

Similar to befo

Sheet1.UpdChartMonth

(adjusted based on the codename of the sheet containing UpdChartMonth)

Tim

"Liz" wrote in message
I know that I should know how to do this, but I am obviously having a
"blank"
moment. Can anyone help?

I want to call some code in the "Deactivate" event of one worksheet
from
another worksheet.

--
It it''s meant to be, it won''t pass you by!

Liz

calling a worksheet function from another worksheet in same wo

Tim, thanks for the quick response and, of course, you are correct!

Major Duh! moment!

Tks muchly