Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Suppress Delete Sheet Warning

I'm setting Application.ScreenUpdating = False before deleting a "hidden"
sheet in my workbook. My problem is that the warning saying "Data may exist
...." that pop ups when the "Delete" command is issued, is forcing me to
click "Delete". Is there anyway to auto answer the "Delete" dialog button
and prevent the user from getting any visual warning of the delete?

CODE:

Sub RemoveSheetDateHelper()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Sheets("tmpSheet").Visible = True
Sheets("tmpSheet").Select
Range("A1").Select
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub RemoveSheetDateHelper()
With Application
.ScreenUpdating = False
.DisplayAlerts = False
Sheets("tmpSheet").Delete
.DisplayAlerts = True
.ScreenUpdating = True
End With
End Sub

Note: you don't have to activate or unhide "tmpsheet" to delete it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP