Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default fill a web form from excel vba

thank You for Your prompt response.

Unfortunately the problem remains and I don't understand why.

To this regard I would like to ask the following:

1) can the problem be solved in principle? I summarize the terms of the
issue: a) I have a file excel where I want to create a macro b) the macro
should open a IE window containing a form (at least I guess it is a form
looking at the HTML attached to my previous post) and fill the UserName and
password elements of the form and finally submit it; c) I have applied the
code attached in the previous post and I always received a runtime errore 91;
d) I have included in VBA the reference to Microsoft Internet Object and
Microsoft HTML objects; e) I have applied the code to a similar problem (fill
a form of the Google search window) and it worked. So I am wondering if the
problem is that I want to fill and submit the form of my company database,
based on the company server, and not of an internet site. The question then
is can I, in principle apply the the same code applied to the google site to
my company database? (I guess Yes but maybe I am missing something important)

2) In the code posted in the previous post what should I change in order to
make it work

Thank You for Your assistance

luigimut

"Kenneth Hobson" wrote:

Maybe something like this will help.

With IE.GetElementsByName("Password")(0)
.Value = strPassword
End With

Obviously, strPassword is set earlier as is the IE object.