Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I do an Analysis of Means computation using Excel?

Has anyone figured out how to do an Analysis of Means using Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If I read your question correctly, see
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"WRCLEBANON" wrote in message
Has anyone figured out how to do an Analysis of Means using Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my request. The information provided
was of help; however, it does not quite meet my need. What I am looking for
is a variant of a control chart; i.e., essentually a muti-dimensional control
chart. Analysis of Means, or ANOM, provides a way to determine the Upper and
Lower Natural Process limits whereby more than one variable can be evaluated
at a time as to whether its variation is more than be expected to happen by
chance alone. This is a valuable tool that has been growing in use however it
regretably is not currently part of the Excel data analysis package. Until
this deficency is corrected, or a workaround developed, the only recourse is
to purchase a spreadsheet program (such as minitab).

Has anyone figured out how to do an Analysis of Means using Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know of any free solution out there, but check out this link
below...

http://www.excel-spc-software.com/qi...ans-chart.html

Mark Ivey

"WRCLEBANON" wrote:

Has anyone figured out how to do an Analysis of Means using Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This website describes why Excel's CI calculations do not fit the bill to
perform a true ANOM...

http://webche.ent.ohiou.edu/che408/ANOM.ppt

Mark Ivey

"WRCLEBANON" wrote:

Has anyone figured out how to do an Analysis of Means using Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"WRCLEBANON" wrote:

Has anyone figured out how to do an Analysis of Means using Excel?

The guy in the last reference you quote gives you the exact set of
equations to perform the analysis! Why don't you just create the same
equation set in Excel?

Duh...?

SteveM