Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default date entry in userform textbox

Hello,VBA experts
how to validate date entries in TextBoxes (on Userform),user wants to enter
date values in dd/mm/yy format,entry is must in textbox,after entry and
exiting from textbox the textbox
entry be displayed in dd-mmm-yy format.(without changing computer's Regional
and language settings).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See if this code helps

'StrDate = Textbox1.Text
StrDate = "6/9/08"
'get the 1 or 2 digits before 1st slash and convert to number
MonthNum = Val(Left(StrDate, InStr(StrDate, "/") - 1))
'get the string after the 1st slash
StrDate = Mid(StrDate, InStr(StrDate, "/") + 1)
'get the month number before the slash and convert to number
DayNum = Val(Left(StrDate, InStr(StrDate, "/") - 1))

'get the year after the slash
YearNum = Val(Mid(StrDate, InStr(StrDate, "/") + 1))
'add 2000 to year number
YearNum = YearNum + 2000
'convert date to serial format
SerDate = DateSerial(YearNum, MonthNum, DayNum)
'Print the Date in required format
Textbox1.Text = Format(SerDate, "dd-mmm-yy")

"tkraju via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hello,VBA experts
how to validate date entries in TextBoxes (on Userform),user wants to enter
date values in dd/mm/yy format,entry is must in textbox,after entry and
exiting from textbox the textbox
entry be displayed in dd-mmm-yy format.(without changing computer's Regional
and language settings).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is much easier to wrok with Textboxes when using Dates because they are
text strings and not a serial date which can change with regional settings.
Try this code

StrDate = Textbox1.text
'get the 1 or 2 digits before 1st slash and convert to number
DayNum = Val(StrDate,Instr(StrDate,"/")-1)
'get the string after the 1st slash
StrDate = mid(StrDate,Instr(StrDate)+1)
'get the month number before the slash and convert to number
MonthNum = Val(StrDate,Instr(StrDate,"/")-1)

'get the year after the slash
YearNum = val(mid(StrDate,Instr(StrDate)+1))
'add 2000 to year number
YearNum = YearNum + 2000
'convert date to serial format
SerDate=dateserial(YearNum,MonthNum,DayNum)
'Print the Date in required format
Textbox1.text = format(SerDate,"dd-mmm-yy")

"tkraju via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hello,VBA experts
how to validate date entries in TextBoxes (on Userform),user wants to enter
date values in dd/mm/yy format,entry is must in textbox,after entry and
exiting from textbox the textbox
entry be displayed in dd-mmm-yy format.(without changing computer's Regional
and language settings).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mr.Bob,I didn't received any reply for this dates problem thread.

Bob Phillips wrote:
I answered this in your previous thread.

Hello,VBA experts
how to validate date entries in TextBoxes (on Userform),user wants to

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
Regional
and language settings).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mr.Bob,i just tested your code,it hasn't given me the desired results.I have
entered a date value in Textbox1, 04/06/08(4thJune2008) ,it converted to 06-
Apr-08.You misunderstood my question,in India users used to enter date values
in dd/mm/yy format.

tkraju wrote:
Yes,just gone through that.Please ignore my earlier reply.thanks a lot..

I answered this in your previous thread.

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
Regional
and language settings).