Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hiding macro-enabled password

I set up my macro to password protect the worksheet and sent the worksheet
on. One user told me what my password is. He simply went to the VBA screen
and saw WS.Protect Password = "MyPassword".

How can I avoid this in the future?

TIA, Brad
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Password protect your project.

Tools - VBA Project Properties - Protection Tab
Check lock project for viewing and supply a password.

This type of password is reasonably secure from being hacked. Note that the
password for the worksheet or workbook are relatively easy to hack with code
easily available on the net.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Brad E." wrote:

I set up my macro to password protect the worksheet and sent the worksheet
on. One user told me what my password is. He simply went to the VBA screen
and saw WS.Protect Password = "MyPassword".

How can I avoid this in the future?

TIA, Brad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Brad,

One solution is to protect your macro with a password also. To do this, go
to the macro in your project screen and right click. Go to VBAProject
Properties. Under the protection tab, you can choose a password and select
"Lock project for viewing." Save, exit your macro, open it up again, and
you'll be prompted for the password in order to view the macro. Hope this
helps.