Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default sql statement being run from vba excel

Hi,

I am running the following line of code from vba excel:

Set rs = conn.Execute("SELECT c.postper, c.comp, c.acct, c.prodline, c.div,
c.dept, c.transrce, c.trantype, c.desc, c.docref, c.privldgr, b.vendname,
a.invnumb, a.ponumber, a.date, c.amount FROM gltrans AS c LEFT JOIN APMAST AS
b ON c.comp = b.comp AND c.privldgr = b.vendnumb LEFT JOIN PLP15 AS a ON
c.comp = a.comp AND c.transrce = a.source AND c.trantype = a.aptype AND
c.postper = a.period AND c.docref = a.apref;")

When I run the sub, it bombs on this line.
If I put in a simple sql statement, the sub works fine.

The error message I get is as follows:
Run-time error message:
"Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression"
"Run-time error '-2147217900 (800400e14)';"

Could someone please help me on this?
--
Thanks for your help!
Gary S
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Search for that error number on support.microsoft.com. They offer some
reasons for that error.

--
Tim Zych
www.higherdata.com