Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Datatypes

Hello, Group.

I use ADODB to retrieve values from excel spreadsheets, and have a problem
when a column's datatype is 5 (numeric) and still the column holds some
character values. The cells having character values are fethced as NULL,
without any error.

Can someone enlighten me on these issues:
- how is the datatype set in Excel?
- can I change it before retrieving the values with ADOdb?
- is there any way within ADO to fecth these irregular cells, or do I need
to use something else?

TIA
Krister