Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro not always when opened from shared drive

Hi
I have a problem with a macro I created in excel.
Well not actually the macro - that works OK, but when someone opens the file
that the macro is stored in (yes it is stored in the workbook) from the
shared drive using windows explorer they do not get the message asking if
they want to enable or disable macros.
When they open the same workbook from the shared drive using file open
within excel they get the message asking to enable/disable macros.
Does anyone have any ideas?
I am totally stumped on this. The macro is in the workbook, everyone has
the macro secruity set to medium...
Any help would be greatly appreciated - I need to solve this before I can
role my new reporting out across the company.
Thanks,
Emma.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What version(s) of excel are people using. Which version have the issue?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
Most of us are using Excel 2003. A few are still 2000 I believe (but I can
always request IT upgrade them if this causes a problem).
Thanks,
Emma..

What version(s) of excel are people using. Which version have the issue?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I was hoping it was 2007. I don't have any idea why they'd have this issue.
One thing you might do is search other threads on this sight about how others
deal with people who open a workbook without enabling macros. One good idea
was to hide everything and only make it visible through the macro so opening
without the macro is useless. That eliminates their ability to open from
explorer, but solves your problem in a roundabout way. Perhaps someone else
will offer a better solution. Good Luck.

Don't you hate undocumented features like this!