Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default A Real Mystery

Here's the background: I created a simple script in VBA that runs when a
user clicks on a control button. The script compiles data from multiple
worksheets all in the same workbook. I did all of this in 2003. Everything
was running just fine.

I handed off the spreadsheet to a colleague who is using 2007. He converted
the 2003 file into 2007 without any problems. He then moved a couple of
worksheets around within the same workbook (not sure if this pertains to the
problem). After which, he tried to run the script by clicking on the control
button. However, the control button was converted into a picture file and
was no longer linked to the script.

I opened the 2007 file with my 2003 version of Excel and the issue was still
apparent (as expected). When trying to exit design mode to run the script, I
get an error message that says "Can't exit design mode because Control
'CommandButton1' can not be created". If I try to run the code directly
through VBA, I get a run-time error 32809.

Another user experienced a similar problem. The thread is located he
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...=en-us&m=1&p=1.
But the solution posted here weren't very helpful. Are there any other
solutions available for this 2003/2007 conversion issue?