Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default formual help

I have a spread sheet that I am working on. When I enter an amount in column
A, I want a formula so that it will take the number I enter minus 616.67.
And if the sum is a negative amount I want the sum to enter in column b, but
if the sum is a positive amount I want the sum to enter in column c.

How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Number in A2 formula in B2:

=IF(A2-616.67<0,A2-616.67,"")

In C2 enter:

=IF(A2-616.67=0,A2-616.67,"")

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Smilen2day" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet that I am working on. When I enter an amount in
column
A, I want a formula so that it will take the number I enter minus 616.67.
And if the sum is a negative amount I want the sum to enter in column b,
but
if the sum is a positive amount I want the sum to enter in column c.

How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in cell B1 enter the formula
=IF(A1-616.670,"",A1-616.67)
and cell C1 enter
=IF(A1-616.67<0,"",A1-616.67)

"Smilen2day" wrote:

I have a spread sheet that I am working on. When I enter an amount in column
A, I want a formula so that it will take the number I enter minus 616.67.
And if the sum is a negative amount I want the sum to enter in column b, but
if the sum is a positive amount I want the sum to enter in column c.

How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Formula in B1:
=MIN(A1-616.67,0)
Formula in C1
=MAX(A1-616.67,0)

copy both downwards.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Smilen2day" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet that I am working on. When I enter an amount in
column
A, I want a formula so that it will take the number I enter minus 616.67.
And if the sum is a negative amount I want the sum to enter in column b,
but
if the sum is a positive amount I want the sum to enter in column c.

How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Awesome, Thank you so much.

One other question.

Is there a way to hide the -616.67 in column B until an amount is entered in
column A.
For instance: I am doing a yearly pay register and have the formulas set up
for the year. If we are in June now, we have not paid for July thru Dec, but
it is showing a negative number of 616.67. Is there a way to make it be
blank until an amount is enter in column A for it to subtract the 616.67 from?
I hope that makes sense.

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Number in A2 formula in B2:

=IF(A2-616.67<0,A2-616.67,"")

In C2 enter:

=IF(A2-616.67=0,A2-616.67,"")

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Smilen2day" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet that I am working on. When I enter an amount in
column
A, I want a formula so that it will take the number I enter minus 616.67.
And if the sum is a negative amount I want the sum to enter in column b,
but
if the sum is a positive amount I want the sum to enter in column c.

How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=IF(A2="","",IF(A2-616.67<0,A2-616.67,""))

Rick

"Smilen2day" wrote in message
Awesome, Thank you so much.

One other question.

Is there a way to hide the -616.67 in column B until an amount is entered
in
column A.
For instance: I am doing a yearly pay register and have the formulas set
up
for the year. If we are in June now, we have not paid for July thru Dec,
but
it is showing a negative number of 616.67. Is there a way to make it be
blank until an amount is enter in column A for it to subtract the 616.67
from?
I hope that makes sense.

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Number in A2 formula in B2:

=IF(A2-616.67<0,A2-616.67,"")

In C2 enter:

=IF(A2-616.67=0,A2-616.67,"")

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Smilen2day" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet that I am working on. When I enter an amount in
column
A, I want a formula so that it will take the number I enter minus
616.67.
And if the sum is a negative amount I want the sum to enter in column
b,
but
if the sum is a positive amount I want the sum to enter in column c.

How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=IF(A2="","",if(A2-616.67<0,A2-616.67,""))
--
Saludos..

"Smilen2day" wrote:

Awesome, Thank you so much.

One other question.

Is there a way to hide the -616.67 in column B until an amount is entered in
column A.
For instance: I am doing a yearly pay register and have the formulas set up
for the year. If we are in June now, we have not paid for July thru Dec, but
it is showing a negative number of 616.67. Is there a way to make it be
blank until an amount is enter in column A for it to subtract the 616.67 from?
I hope that makes sense.

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Number in A2 formula in B2:

=IF(A2-616.67<0,A2-616.67,"")