Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy Specific Data

I have one worksheet named "Data" that is basically a database of information
for up to 20 representatives. Each representative may be named several times
throughout the worksheet in column B.

I need a macro that will copy any row with Representative #1's name and all
the information in that row to a worksheet that has been named for that
specific representative, adding each additional row below the first with no
blank rows.

I need to do the same for Representative #2, and so on. There may or may
not be 20 representatives at any given time and so I don't want a specified
number of sheets/representatives to be designated.

I want to do the same thing copying data that was entered for a certain
month (the date field is column A) to a worksheet that has been named Jan08,
Feb08, Mar08, etc.

Ultimately, I want any data for a specific representative to be copied to a
sheet named for that representative and any data entered in a specific month
to be copied to a sheet named for that month.

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you so much in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Chersie,

The first port of call for operations involving
filtering or copying data between worksheets
should be Ron de Bruin's estimable site:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/

More particularly, for your requirement,
see Rons code at:

Create a new sheet for all Unique values or
paste it below the existing data if the sheet exists
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm#Add

---
Regards.
Norman

"Chersie" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Norman,

Thank you for your response. I am working at setting this up and I think it
will work just fine for most of my situation.

I am not sure however how to get it to work for my months of Jan08, Feb08,
etc. The reason being is that column A will have dates such as 1/17/08,
etc., and not the worksheet tab name. I need something that will say, if the
date in column A is within the month of January, copy that row's data to the
worksheet named Jan08, and on and on. I hope this makes sense and you can
assist me with this!

Thanks again,

"Chersie" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Autofilter for Jan and copy autofilter for feb and copy ,etc
OR
use a for/each loop if not too big

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Chersie" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use this add-in to filter on month/year
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

Or add a helper column in your data

=TEXT(MONTH(A1),"mmm")& YEAR(A1)

You can filter on that column then