Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula on Creating Unique Value (Similar to Select Distinct)

Hello,

I am working on an excel file that has a recordset of medical claims
reviewed.

Columns:
Tax ID
Medical Provider Name
Billed Amount
Diagnosis
Patient
Client

This worksheet gets updated constantly (through extracts from the actual
medical claim processing system).

However, what we want to do is to create a GROUP BY report of all claim per
specific Tax-ID.

What we have been doing is to Advance Filter Copy Unique values, and its
becoming cumbersome.

Is there a function/formula I can use to select the Tax-ID column and
generate the unique list automatically?

Thank you very much in advance.

--
Brigham Siton
Phone: (631) 780-5001

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Brig

I would automate the advanced filter functionality which should be pretty
easy. just for info though, deleting dupes is standard functionality in
Excel 2007.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Brig" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks. Unfortunately, I am using Excel 2003 not Excel 2007.

--
Brigham Siton
Phone: (631) 780-5001