Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
BJ BJ is offline

Default Reviewing Large IF statements - Any tools?

Hi All

I have some really large and complicated IF statements (formula type, not
VBA) that I need to review.

I seem to recall a VBA tool someone created to do this, but I can't find a
link in my favorites.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

BJ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi BJ

you might wanna try the formula auditing toolbar in excel. It's in
Tools/Formula Auditing.

Alternatively, within Formula auditing Evaluate formula is very useful. it's
more like watch variable debugging tool in C++.

Cheers
-HD

"BJ" wrote:

Hi All

I have some really large and complicated IF statements (formula type, not
VBA) that I need to review.

I seem to recall a VBA tool someone created to do this, but I can't find a
link in my favorites.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

BJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

If you enter edit mode for the cell you can hit Alt-Enter and break the
formula up so it is easier to read. I also add spaces to act as indents so
it looks more like a structured VBA if statement.

i.e.
=if(a1="right",
"Hooray",
if(a1="wrong",
"#@$%^^#$%@!!",
"Oh Well"))

"BJ" wrote:

Hi All

I have some really large and complicated IF statements (formula type, not
VBA) that I need to review.

I seem to recall a VBA tool someone created to do this, but I can't find a
link in my favorites.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

BJ

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

and this print utility may also help, though it's not free, you can try it for
30 days

http://submain.com/?nav=products.pcp

--

Gary