Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel UserForm to Collect Data for Access

I am trying to come up with a way of linking to an Access DB, via an Excel
interface, such as a UserForm, because many people in my firm do not have
Access installed on their workstations. Im sure this is possible, but I
dont know the best way to approach the problem. Im thinking of posting the
Excel UserForm on our firms Intranet (WAN or LAN), and then ask users to
open the UserForm, input some basic information, and then save the changes
and so on and so forth. Is there some way to do all of this on a LAN or a
WAN? Could the Excel file reside on a public network drive, and
automatically download to am Access DB every time there is a chance (i.e.,
each time a user inputs something into the UserForm)? I would appreciate any
and all help with this project.

Regards,
Ryan---

--