Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_4_] Dick Kusleika[_4_] is offline

Default Excel UserForm to Collect Data for Access

On Tue, 27 May 2008 22:33:00 -0700, ryguy7272
wrote:

I am trying to come up with a way of linking to an Access DB, via an Excel
interface, such as a UserForm, because many people in my firm do not have
Access installed on their workstations. I’m sure this is possible, but I
don’t know the best way to approach the problem. I’m thinking of posting the
Excel UserForm on our firm’s Intranet (WAN or LAN), and then ask users to
open the UserForm, input some basic information, and then save the changes
and so on and so forth. Is there some way to do all of this on a LAN or a
WAN? Could the Excel file reside on a public network drive, and
automatically download to am Access DB every time there is a chance (i.e.,
each time a user inputs something into the UserForm)? I would appreciate any
and all help with this project.

Here's a tutrorial that will help get you started, but it doesn't write back
to the database.
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...erform-part-i/

--
Dick Kusleika