Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Formatting in Excel

I want my dates to automatically turn red when they are 15 days past
due...how do i do this???

THANKS!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

What version of excel?

" wrote:

I want my dates to automatically turn red when they are 15 days past
due...how do i do this???

THANKS!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On May 27, 2:32 pm, wrote:
I want my dates to automatically turn red when they are 15 days past
due...how do i do this???

THANKS!

Hello Deborah,

This example checks if cell A1 is 15 days past today, and if it is
colors it red. Change the cell address to what you are using.

Here is how...
1) Select the first cell in the date range to check
2) On the main menu go to Format Conditional Formatting...
3) When the pop up is displayed, select "Formula Is" from the
Condition 1 drop down box.
4) Enter this formula in the box to the right: =Now() - A1 15
5) Click the button marked "Format..."
6) Click on the tab "Patterns", select the red color box, and click OK
7) Click OK on the first pop up.
8) Click on the lower right corner of the cell and drag it down to the
last date. This will apply the same codition to all dates.

Sincerely,
Leith ross
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On May 27, 5:50*pm, Leith Ross wrote:
On May 27, 2:32 pm, wrote:

[...]

Thank you...do i have to put a different cell number in for each one??
Is there like a universal code i can use for like the whole column?
Thanks
Deborah