Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Events

Does anyone know of an event that will run as soon as the user has used the
autofilter please

--
Roger
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This seems to work, but has some overhead involved:

Place this in the ThisWorkbook area
Private Sub Workbook_SheetCalculate(ByVal Sh As Object)
msgbox("This will capture your activity")
End Sub

And
add a formula like this that will span an entire column of your filtered
table:

=SUBTOTAL(102,E4:E21)
where E4:E21 will span your entire filtered table. If Calculate is set to
automatic, the formula will trip the sub above and you can do whatever. I
could find no "direct" way to capture a filter event. HTH.

"Roger" wrote:

Does anyone know of an event that will run as soon as the user has used the
autofilter please

--
Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike - thanks - very logical and obvious when its pointed out to you. This
will obviously work with calc set to auto - I am set to manual to increase
speed (lots of calcs) - I will need to think it through and may have to
compromise the man/auto or scrap what I was trying to do - in any event,
thanks for the help

--
Roger

"Roger" wrote:

Does anyone know of an event that will run as soon as the user has used the
autofilter please

--
Roger

do events? background events cereldine[_15_] Excel Programming 1 April 12th 06 01:06 PM
how do I log events bmarks Excel Programming 0 December 13th 04 07:33 PM
Events ojv[_2_] Excel Programming 3 October 22nd 04 01:59 PM
events Mark[_17_] Excel Programming 1 October 31st 03 09:18 AM
events Mark[_17_] Excel Programming 1 October 29th 03 12:56 PM