Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Display Worksheets from AddIn

Hi,
How are the Worksheets displayed from an AddIn? When AddIn in added,
I've created a custom menu which when selected calls a Subroutine in
the file which assumes that the Worksheets are open but it's not and
I'm getting errors...thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Groupie,

An add-in's worksheets are hidden.

To unhide the sheets, you would have to
change the add-in's IsAddin poperty to
False. either manually( in the Explorer window
of the VBE : select the ThisWorkbook
module and hit F4 to open the properties
window) or by code.

However, this causes the addin to revert
to a standard workbook, which Isuspect
is not what you want.

Perhaps, explain in a little more detail what
you are endeavouring to achieve, and you
will find many here ready to help,

---
Regards.
Norman

"groupie" wrote in message
How are the Worksheets displayed from an AddIn? When AddIn in added,
I've created a custom menu which when selected calls a Subroutine in
the file which assumes that the Worksheets are open but it's not and
I'm getting errors...thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"groupie" wrote in message

How are the Worksheets displayed from an AddIn? When AddIn in added,
I've created a custom menu which when selected calls a Subroutine in
the file which assumes that the Worksheets are open but it's not and
I'm getting errors...thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully this clarifies the situation:

I'm trying to distribute my Excel file (contains 2 sheets and VBA
coding) to end-users via an addin.
So the core of the problem is that the OnAction command of a custom
menu item, created when the Excel file is added as an AddIn, calls a
custom subroutine which works on the worksheets of the excel file.
However the worksheets are not displayed when the user selects the
custom menu item. i.e. it seem sthat the excel form is not being
displayed.

Hope this clarifies the problem. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Addin worksheets are always hidden and never active.

You can refer to them in code using something like
Thisworkbook.worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B4:z99")

Usually the worksheets in an addin are used to store things like Formats and
constants that are used by the addin to create /modify sheets in the active
workbook, or are used as Template sheets to be copied into the active
workbook.

regards
Charles
The Excel Calculation Site