Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to keep format while pasting

Hi all,

I need to copy a part of my sheet, which is limited to a fixed width, to a
Word doc, but when I did it, the width became too wide and exceeding the word
document boundary. Could you how to retain the width or other ways to get the
same result ?

Clara
--
thank you so much for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think you want to use the destination formating rather than the source
formating. There are a number of ways of accomplishing this.

1) When you paste the data in word you should see a clipboard appear where
your data is located. It is adjacent to one fo the corners of the pasted
data. Try didfferent option until you get the results you want. Usually it
will be Destination format or Text

2) Use Paste Special in the menu Edit - Paste Special. try different
options until you get the results you are looking for.

3) If you are using VBA use PasteSpecial with the option for value only.
This will use the formating of the destination (the word document).

Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues