Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CDO mailing from Excel

Dear Friends

I am trying to use sample code by Ron de Bruin for sending mail from Excel

I want to send text string as well as html image in the body of the mail

I am unable to use both at a time
..TextBody
..HTMLBody

Please advise

Rgds

Ramesh Shetty

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron

I have been looking at your site but am receiving an error message when
trying to setup the email option - when entering the info to see if I can use
the CDO I receive the following:
run-time error '2147220960(80040220)'
The "Sendusing" configuration value is invalid. = error 404

As this is all very new to me - is there something obvious that I am doing
wrong?

Thanks

Lise (Aussie)

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Why use both ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"SHETTY" wrote in message ...
Dear Friends

I am trying to use sample code by Ron de Bruin for sending mail from Excel

I want to send text string as well as html image in the body of the mail

I am unable to use both at a time
.TextBody
.HTMLBody

Please advise

Rgds

Ramesh Shetty

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have also just found out that we are running on a domino server?? does that
change anything?
--
Thanks

Lise (Aussie)

"Lise" wrote:

Hi Ron

I have been looking at your site but am receiving an error message when
trying to setup the email option - when entering the info to see if I can use
the CDO I receive the following:
run-time error '2147220960(80040220)'
The "Sendusing" configuration value is invalid. = error 404

As this is all very new to me - is there something obvious that I am doing
wrong?

Thanks

Lise (Aussie)

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Why use both ?

--

"SHETTY" wrote in message ...
Dear Friends

I am trying to use sample code by Ron de Bruin for sending mail from Excel

I want to send text string as well as html image in the body of the mail

I am unable to use both at a time
.TextBody
.HTMLBody

Please advise

Rgds

Ramesh Shetty

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Start with this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mailenvelope.htm

If you want to CDO read all info good on the page

--

"Lise" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron

I have been looking at your site but am receiving an error message when
trying to setup the email option - when entering the info to see if I can use
the CDO I receive the following:
run-time error '2147220960(80040220)'
The "Sendusing" configuration value is invalid. = error 404

As this is all very new to me - is there something obvious that I am doing
wrong?

Thanks

Lise (Aussie)

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Why use both ?

--

"SHETTY" wrote in message ...
Dear Friends

I am trying to use sample code by Ron de Bruin for sending mail from Excel

I want to send text string as well as html image in the body of the mail

I am unable to use both at a time
.TextBody
.HTMLBody

Please advise

Rgds

Ramesh Shetty

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron, I adopted your example code on http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm and it
works very well (Thanks!). One thing, though. I like to use early binding
when possible. Do you know how I would declare iMsg and iConf to accomplish
this? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK, I had to reference the Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000 Library and not
the CDO 1.21 library. Code becomes as follows

Dim iMsg As CDO.Message
Dim iconf As CDO.Configuration
Dim Flds As Fields

Set iMsg = New CDO.Message