Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Application.FileSearch Problems

Hi-

I just upgraded to Office '07 and I am having trouble with some code.
The following code works in 97 but does not work in 2007.

With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "N:\Sales\MAP ROLLUP"
.SearchSubFolders = False
.Filename = "*.xls"
.Execute

Does anyone know how to code the above in 2007?

Thank You!

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Fatz

This is removed from 2007
You can use Dir

See how i use it on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Fatz" wrote in message ...
Hi-

I just upgraded to Office '07 and I am having trouble with some code.
The following code works in 97 but does not work in 2007.

With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "N:\Sales\MAP ROLLUP"
.SearchSubFolders = False
.Filename = "*.xls"
.Execute

Does anyone know how to code the above in 2007?

Thank You!

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Chris,

Many people complained of problematic
performance with FileSearch and Excel
decided to drop it from Excel 2007.

You can use Dir or the FileSystemObject.

For examples of usage, see help or Google this
NG. See also Ron de Bruin's example usag at:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

---
Regards.
Norman

"Fatz" wrote in message
Hi-

I just upgraded to Office '07 and I am having trouble with some code.
The following code works in 97 but does not work in 2007.

With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "N:\Sales\MAP ROLLUP"
.SearchSubFolders = False
.Filename = "*.xls"
.Execute

Does anyone know how to code the above in 2007?

Thank You!

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On May 22, 3:38*pm, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Hi Fatz

This is removed from 2007
You can use Dir

See how i use it on this pagehttp://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Fatz" wrote in ...
Hi-

I just upgraded to Office '07 and I am having trouble with some code.
The following code works in 97 but does not work in 2007.

With Application.FileSearch
*.NewSearch
*.LookIn = "N:\Sales\MAP ROLLUP"
*.SearchSubFolders = False
*.Filename = "*.xls"
*.Execute

Does anyone know how to code the above in 2007?

Thank You!

Chris- Hide quoted text -

Ron - Thanks for your help. I will be 100% honest and let you know
that I do not understand a thing on that site! I am a VBA rookie.
Can you copy and paste the section I should be looking at?

Thanks Again,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On May 22, 4:31*pm, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
[...]

The current macro loops through each Excel file that is in a
particular folder and applies Functions I have written. It works
beautifully in 97.

I just need code that will replace this:

With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "N:\Sales\MAP ROLLUP"
.SearchSubFolders = False
.Filename = "*.xls"
.Execute

Application.FileSearch kicked ass for me in 97.......not sure what
problems others had.....

Thanks for helping me through this.

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you want to change something in each file and save it

Try this example
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm

Read the information good on the page