Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default override old format

Hi all.
I would like to know if there is a way to over ride the old format
limitations of a workbook.
I've saved the old workbook in the xlsx format. That however doesn't seem to
help at all.

I.e., the old format has a row/column limit. 65K rows, and 200 or so columns.
The new format for 2007 has 1M Rows, and 32k columns.
I've just found that one of my macros to copy a template worksheet into an
older style workbook-- even if I save it as an xlsx format-- does not copy
hte worksheet, and gives me the "cannot copy into this workbook because the
destination has fewer rows than the source workbook...."
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Steve, after saving the old workbook to xlsx format, close it (it'll still
be in "Compatibility Mode" in the session where you save it from xls to xlsx
format for the first time). Now reopen it in Excel 2007 and you should have
all the rows and columns that Excel 2007 avails.

"SteveDB1" wrote:

Hi all.
I would like to know if there is a way to over ride the old format
limitations of a workbook.
I've saved the old workbook in the xlsx format. That however doesn't seem to
help at all.

I.e., the old format has a row/column limit. 65K rows, and 200 or so columns.
The new format for 2007 has 1M Rows, and 32k columns.
I've just found that one of my macros to copy a template worksheet into an
older style workbook-- even if I save it as an xlsx format-- does not copy
hte worksheet, and gives me the "cannot copy into this workbook because the
destination has fewer rows than the source workbook...."
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

DOH! man do I hate Homer Simpson.... but he has such a perfect way of stating
the recognition.....
so it does.....
Thanks Paul.

"SteveDB1" wrote:

Hi all.
I would like to know if there is a way to over ride the old format
limitations of a workbook.
I've saved the old workbook in the xlsx format. That however doesn't seem to
help at all.

I.e., the old format has a row/column limit. 65K rows, and 200 or so columns.
The new format for 2007 has 1M Rows, and 32k columns.
I've just found that one of my macros to copy a template worksheet into an
older style workbook-- even if I save it as an xlsx format-- does not copy
hte worksheet, and gives me the "cannot copy into this workbook because the
destination has fewer rows than the source workbook...."
Any ideas?
Thanks.

How do I override conditional format to modify color of 1 cell? kevpandrews Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 May 8th 23 11:45 AM
Excel Date Format - users should be able to override it automatic. jamezog Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 7 May 20th 10 02:45 PM
Override peddie Excel Programming 4 August 22nd 06 02:41 PM
Override No Zero Values ? Al Franz Excel Programming 1 May 19th 05 10:16 AM
How do I override a deletion box? DMuehl Excel Programming 2 September 30th 04 02:19 PM