-   -   import multiple CSV files into one Excel file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/411311-import-multiple-csv-files-into-one-excel-file.html)

Slick user

import multiple CSV files into one Excel file

I have roughly around 2000 CSV files (each file is in the range of
49bytes-3MB, a total of 35MB).

I would like to import each CSV file to an individual sheet in Excel
workbook using Perl OLE.

Can I do this?

Currently, I am open up each CSV file, copy & paste to a new workbook. This
take atleast 40 minutes using Perl OLE.

I was hoping to find a better approach to reduce the time. Thanks a lot.

--
Slickuser

KLZA

import multiple CSV files into one Excel file

Why don't you record a macro?

Slick user wrote:
I have roughly around 2000 CSV files (each file is in the range of
49bytes-3MB, a total of 35MB).

I would like to import each CSV file to an individual sheet in Excel
workbook using Perl OLE.

Can I do this?

Currently, I am open up each CSV file, copy & paste to a new workbook. This
take atleast 40 minutes using Perl OLE.

I was hoping to find a better approach to reduce the time. Thanks a lot.

--
Slickuser

Ron de Bruin

import multiple CSV files into one Excel file

Hi Slick user"

Try
http://www.rondebruin.nl/txtcsv.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Slick user" wrote in message ...
I have roughly around 2000 CSV files (each file is in the range of
49bytes-3MB, a total of 35MB).

I would like to import each CSV file to an individual sheet in Excel
workbook using Perl OLE.

Can I do this?

Currently, I am open up each CSV file, copy & paste to a new workbook. This
take atleast 40 minutes using Perl OLE.

I was hoping to find a better approach to reduce the time. Thanks a lot.

--
Slickuser

joel

import multiple CSV files into one Excel file

I have code that can be modified to do this. Do you mean to put 2000
worksheets in one workbook?