Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using DataValidation cell formatting to drive OnEntry/Intersect m

I am using Excel 2003 SP3. I am validating data upon entry using the OnEntry
and Intersect methods in a VB Applications macro (per article 213373 Rev
3.3). I can get the validate operation to run with no problem on cells where
the user inputs the values (i.e. types in the values) - this triggers the
code and it runs without issue. HOWEVER, I want to use drop-down menus
(created using the DataValidation menu options for the cell) for "directing"
the user inputs but I cannot get the selection of a value from the drop-down
menu to trigger the OnEntry event. ANY IDEAS ABOUT WHAT I CAN DO TO MAKE THIS
INPUT METHOD WORK?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you thought about discarding the OnEntry routines and using the
worksheet_Change event instead?

You can find more info about these events at these sites:

Chip Pearson has some instructions on events:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Events.aspx

David McRitchie has some notes, too:

--

Dave Peterson