Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Stop Symantec AV from quarantine my VBA

Excel 2003 up to date

What type of commands in Excel VBA does NAV assume relate to the Bloodhound
Macro Virus.

I assume that it does not like any command that deletes files - but there
may be others.

Can anyone help me strip my Personal.xls of VBA commands which causes NAV to
delete the file?

Any ideas? Plea..........se!

EagleOne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In earlier versions of NAV that I have seen, there is an option to disable/omit scanning of
office apps. Suggest you seriously consider doing that.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"EagleOne@microsoftdiscussiongroups"
wrote in message
What type of commands in Excel VBA does NAV assume relate to the Bloodhound
Macro Virus.
I assume that it does not like any command that deletes files - but there
may be others.
Can anyone help me strip my Personal.xls of VBA commands which causes NAV to
delete the file?
Any ideas? Plea..........se!
EagleOne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I had this problem with McAfee and it objected to using Microsoft Visual
Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.x.
The answer was to remove that reference, use late binding and also move the
code to a VB6 ActiveX dll and call it from VBA.
So in my VB6 class I have for example:

Public Function ImportCode(oVBCodeMod As Object, _
strFile As String) As Boolean

On Error GoTo ERROROUT

oVBCodeMod.AddFromFile strFile

Sleep 100